In celebration of 1,000 followers, wee-little-things is holding an origami photography contest!
I love crafting, photography and miniatures, and I’m super happy to see at least 1,000 other Tumblr users enjoy it as well! So instead of a give-away I am holding a contest for the most interesting, original or funny picture of your origami creation!
Why origami? First, because you need to get creative on all levels, not just photography, and second, because EVERYONE has the materials and can learn how to fold! You don’t have to have an expensive miniature collection to join in, heck you don’t even need to have an expensive camera. I’ll look at both originality and execution so you don’t have to be a professional photographer and/or origami folder to have a shot at the prize ;) And third, because I’m 2 months away from getting my Bachelor in Japanese language and I felt like doing something with origami.
- A $50 Etsy Gift card you can use to finally get that pair of pepperoni pizza earrings or that miniature koi pond or that Robert Kaufmann fat quarter bundle.
The theme of this contest is ‘origami’, so your picture should include at least 1 origami piece. In adittion to that, you can use dolls, dioramas, props, yourself, your cat, anything you can think of in your picture. You can fold your origami out of anything you find, but it has to be folded by YOU. Get creative!
- You don’t have to have a Tumblr account or follow me, but I’d appreciate it! ;)
- Submit your photo at wee-little-things.com/submit, either as an image or link.
- If you don’t have a Tumblr account, you can just use your e-mail and name to submit
- Tumblr users, please also include your e-mail in your submission! Tumblr still eats mesages, so having your e-mail will help me get ahold of you before you miss out on your prize.
- You can upload up to 3 images from one shoot; I will choose 1. You cannot upload more than 1 shoot.
- This is not a secret contest, so you can use your link and/or watermark on your picture.
- When entering, you allow me to save your image and upload it to my webpage for voting. After the contest your image will be taken down again.
- Submissons are now open and close on May 31st, 12am GMT! I will pick the best 10 photographs to vote on.
- Voting will start within 24 hours and will end June 15th, 12am GMT. Keep an eye on the Tumblr!
- If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours, the prize will go to the runner-up.
Questions/comments? Go to wee-little-things.tumblr.com/ask!
Also, I’d really appreciate it if you’d reblog this to spread the message!